If you are among those unfortunate souls to hear the words, “I love you but I’m not in love with you” from the one you love…these will be the most devastating words you could ever hear short of your husband or wife telling you that they’re dying.
But then you know that, don’t you? Otherwise you probably wouldn’t be here. In fact, I’ll bet the wound that brought you here, is still pretty fresh.
The first piece of advice I can give you…breathe. Take slow deep breaths followed by long slow exhales…just breathe to make the pain a little easier, and read.
You may be in a state of denial, you may be suffering disbelief, you may be on the verge of panic, you may be broken…shattered. Whatever state you are in currently, you have found your way here, and that’s good.
It means you’re thinking and becoming more open to the idea that something terrible has happened, and you’re searching for answers.
This is an excellent first step, and I can tell you with conviction, and from a perspective of similar experience (meaning that I myself have been there), that all is not lost.
You aren’t Alone, one step at a time, Here’s the first two…
Step 1) as indicated already, breathe.
Step 2) Keep reading…and try to focus
Divorce rates are greater than 50% today for a reason. Actually, for many reasons. But first and foremost, it need not be YOUR outcome.
Everything may seem lost, and it may be…that is a very real possibility. But until you’ve signed divorce papers, there’s still hope.
Start Your Journey to Happiness and Learn What it Means to Love
There are several entries in this series. If you are serious about saving your relationship, read them all in order…then reflect, and read them again.
- It’s Normal for Your Heart to be Afraid, but fighting for the Past Will Mean the End, So Start Accepting Your New Beginning
- What do I do with this Broken Heart? Avoid Requests for Space and Use Your Head to Think about what You Want
- Once Upon a Time We were Happy, and Suddenly it’s Over? The Heart Heals Slowly, don’t Fear the Future
- Intentions do not Win Hearts, Actions are the Secret, How to Start Connecting Today for a Happier Tomorrow
- Say Yes to Everything and Reveal the Secret of the Heart
- Learn to Speak the Language of the Heart
- Become a Sex Master and Learn How to Heal the Heart with the Body
- It’s Time to Get Some Help, Starting Today
- Rekindling the Flame Can Sometimes Burn Too Hot, Use Caution While Reconnecting
- Some Words about Physical, Sexual, Verbal and Emotional Abuse
Believe me, your journey is far from over, and it’s a hopeful Journey! I’ve been through this hell and emerged on the other side with a stronger relationship than ever. I cannot guarantee that you’ll achieve the same outcome, but doing nothing…or worse, doing the wrong things…will likely result in disaster.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve been with our partner for 2 years or 20 years (like me), this can happen to anybody.
If you have any questions or comments please take a moment and use the form below to let me know what they are.
Now continue your journey with: It’s Normal for Your Heart to be Afraid, but fighting for the Past Will Mean the End, So Start Accepting Your New Beginning